Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever swapped their factory radio with that of another factory? For example, I have a single disc factory deck in my TeeBee and I was pondering on buying the Bose 6-Disc stereo and swapping them out. Other than theft lock i don't see an issue, anyone know something i don't???

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
Only thing i think you really have to worry about is if the wiring harnesses match up. which i dont know.

to be honest i think you would be better off just getting an after market head unit. I put a pioneer in mine 200$ for the radio i got a decent end model. 10$ for the dash kit and another 10 for the wiring harness. if you just want to do this swap because of the 6disc changer capability then just go after market and get a radio like mine that comes with ipod compatibility if you got one. Not like one of the radios that come with a 3.5mm jack but REAL ipod compatibility. its nice to have and when its plugged it you use the radio just like its your ipod.

I never put a cd in my car again after that

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
i heard that bose Head unit sound like sh*t without the bose amp. also i know people that have switched out an oem cd player for an oem nav unit.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
Is it a simple swap?
if your truck does not have bose you need the oem "NON LUX NAVIGATION" unit that has a gm part number 15811289 and it will plug right in (exept to mount the gps antenna) also you may need to to go to a dealer to have them unlock the radio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.