Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my left rear speaker is not working. There is absolutely no sound at all coming out of it when I turn it up. No hissing, no cracking, no static. Nothing at all. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a quick way of checking to see if it is a speaker without having to take the door panel off. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Your Gonna have to bite the bullet and pull the door panel..

Don't feel bad I have to replace a set of speakers in my 2000 2dr GMC Jimmy.. That is a PITA!!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
You're either gonna have to remove a door panel to test the speaker or remove the dash to get to the head unit.

What all do you have in there (bose, nav, aftermarket stuff, etc)?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
It's not really that hard to get the door panel off... just go easy on the clips that hold to panel to the door, and try not to drop any bolts into the door itself. :bonk:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
39 Posts
bets are nothing came loose and the voice coil has blown out on that speaker. id say bite the bullet and replace them with some upgraded components.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
:iagree: i upgrade my rear speakers with the crappy wal mart pair and it still sounds better than stock.....someday i will upgrade everything ......someday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I figured I would have to remove the panel. If I have to do that for one, I guess I will do it for all four panels and replace all the speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts