Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I just bought a 02 trailblazer. I wanted to put in my kenwood deck so i took it to drive in audio. I told the installer i didnt care if i lost the door chimes and onstar so he said i wouldnt have to buy the $200 wire harness. He said he could just bypass that stuff. Anyways i noticed tonight that when i turn the vehicle off and get out, my dash and console lights do not shut off now. If i reopen the door they will go out. Any ideas? I dont want to have to open my door again all the time just to get the lights to go out. Anyways im going to take my vehicle back to them tomorrow but i thought i would just see if anyone had any ideas so when i go back to complain i know what im talking about. Also my trailblazer does not have the bose system as far as I know. I asked the installer if i had a factory amp and he said no. Damn i should have just sucked it up and saved for the wire harness to do it right. Any ideas would help. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well took it in today and apparently the lights are going out now. so im going to wait to see if it happens again tonight. does anyone atleast know if the dash lights are somehow tied in with the factory head unit?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
well took it in today and apparently the lights are going out now. so im going to wait to see if it happens again tonight. does anyone atleast know if the dash lights are somehow tied in with the factory head unit?
well i dont know if they are tired in with the HU, but i do know that they stay on for a period of time when i shut my SS off... kinda of like your lights at night when you turn off the TB they still stay on for a minute or so.. well the same happens in my TBSS... dash lights, map lights, cargo lights and exterior all come on when i turn the truck off...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i dont know if they are tired in with the HU, but i do know that they stay on for a period of time when i shut my SS off... kinda of like your lights at night when you turn off the TB they still stay on for a minute or so.. well the same happens in my TBSS... dash lights, map lights, cargo lights and exterior all come on when i turn the truck off...
yeah i know they stay on for a min but i waited like 30 min and they were still on. It did it again tonight. I told the installers they needed to take it in their bay and turn the lights off so the tb thinks its night out and the dash lights will come on which i dont think they did so guess they get to look at my car again tomorrow. i was just thinking maybe the HU had something to do with telling the lights to shut off or something. I dont really know what he did to bypass onstar and chimes but guess i need to find out exactly what he did. Like i said i should have just saved the money and had it done right. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts