Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 LS Trailblazer 4wd, 4.2L I6

For about three years I had a Pioneer Navigation system that went tits-up about a month after my warranty ran out on it. So I put my stock CD player back in (just the standard single cd-player, not the Bose system). I bought a high to low converter so I could continue to have my amp and sub run through my stock system, but I noticed that some of the colors of the wires in the harness for the stereo were different than traditional harnesses so I haven't installed it yet..

Anyway I found the wiring diagrams here on TrailVoy for my Trailblazer, but what I am wondering is what it means on the diagrams when it says "CLASS 2 SERIAL DATA" ... or just "CLASS 2" .... It has Class 2 listed in the column with which color the wire should be, particularly for the 'Radio Ignition' and Radio Illumination...

The reason I ask is because I want to make sure I have the correct wire to splice for the remote wire to make sure the amp turns off when I turn the car off.

I see the orange wire is the power wire, I need to make sure that I can use either the Radio Illumination wire or the Radio Ignition wire but I don't see what color it should be... :duh:

Incase I am not making sense, here is the link to the diagram, its on Page 2 just past half way down the page:
http://www.trailvoy.com/docs/wd/04TBWD.pdf

So which wire and what color can I use for the remote wire coming from my Amp, its not a huge amp, It's a 300W JL amp powering one 12" JL Sub...

Thank you!
:thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Hi, I noticed this was an older post so forgive me if you have already finished this project. The remote wire is easy. I just ran one 16g wire from the back of my amp (250w sony) to the fuse box under the back seat. I put the other end of the wire under the fuse for the windshield wipers. (Its the black wire in the photo). Hope this helps and if you have already finished this project, post some pics.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts