Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My first post here but I read and learned alot from this website, I have a problem with my 2007 trailblazer LT 4wd (high miles). It drives smooth no noise or any other issues except that on medium to high speed the steering wheel shakes for 2 seconds on sharp bumps(no loud noise) I checked the front end on both side and I noticed one bad upper ball joints and a wheel bearing and I replaced those already by myself but the shaking is still there. I noticed the front tires are worn unevenly and the shocks are rusty. Is it possible that the tires are causing this? shocks? I can't see that tie rod is bad is it possible that I missed it? When I ask a mechanic they want to replace everything, well of course replacing everything might solve the problem.It's true the other ball joints have the rubbers broken but they don't shake when I tested it. any suggestion please. Thank you!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
my '08 had a broken front stabilizer link caused weird noise/vibration on bumps.

check for play in front stabilizer link. check front control arm bushings. stabilizer link bushings.

also front struts can be a cause for tire wear as well as bad tie rods/bad alignment.

if you change all yourself, the above mentioned parts can be done for a decent price.

whats your current mileage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my '08 had a broken front stabilizer link caused weird noise/vibration on bumps.

check for play in front stabilizer link. check front control arm bushings. stabilizer link bushings.

also front struts can be a cause for tire wear as well as bad tie rods/bad alignment.

if you change all yourself, the above mentioned parts can be done for a decent price.

whats your current mileage?
These are great tips to check for today, It has 175K but It still in a good shape. I actually remember that on the passenger side the control arm might be moving little bit left and right but I'm not pretty sure so I will look at it again now.
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2005 trailblazer_lt
108 Posts
My Bet is the front struts/springs need to be replaced.

I've experienced a "bouncy" front end/ steering wheel in both the TBs' I've owned and each time it was no longer present after installing new struts/spring assemblies.

Most bad suspension parts will make a "bang" of sorts when they wear out. ( end links, ball joints, ect. ) When the struts get old& weak they can no longer control the "bouncy" effect naturally caused by the springs so rather than acting to dampen the bounce,.... the effects gets worse and worse till you begin to actually feel it in the steering wheel.

:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Bet is the front struts/springs need to be replaced.

I've experienced a "bouncy" front end/ steering wheel in both the TBs' I've owned and each time it was no longer present after installing new struts/spring assemblies.

Most bad suspension parts will make a "bang" of sorts when they wear out. ( end links, ball joints, ect. ) When the struts get old& weak they can no longer control the "bouncy" effect naturally caused by the springs so rather than acting to dampen the bounce,.... the effects gets worse and worse till you begin to actually feel it in the steering wheel.

:cool:
Sorry for my late reply replacing the Front struts/springs solved the problem. I bought complete Ac Delco shocks , One of them broke in less than a month but they replaced it for me and it's been doing great no more vibration. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts