Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the internet and have come up short...

I have my 04 Trailblazer and I am starting to customize the thing the way I want.

I have become overly annoyed without Radio Controls, I have found a few places that have OEM Wheels but I don't want to buy something if It won't work.

Can I take out my old steering wheel that does not have controls, and replace it with one that does have the controls???

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
209 Posts
About anything can be done but you'd probably have to do a lot of wiring work. I doubt the wiring needed to connect to the controls on the wheel is there since your vehicle didn't have it to begin with.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
62 Posts
I have been looking all over the internet and have come up short...

I have my 04 Trailblazer and I am starting to customize the thing the way I want.

I have become overly annoyed without Radio Controls, I have found a few places that have OEM Wheels but I don't want to buy something if It won't work.

Can I take out my old steering wheel that does not have controls, and replace it with one that does have the controls???

Thanks.
I did the DIC project run wires here and there the DIC works but the control on the wheel for the radio wont work I have a tech from GM who told me that the BCm have to be flash, but I dont know yet

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't know if this would have anything to do with it but here I go.

I didn't have cruise control when I bought this in 04 but I was able to get a switch only because the "Drive-by-wire."

Do you maybe think this has anything to do with the steering wheel.

Just wanting to shoot it out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts