Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

The lights in my steering wheel control switches are almost all out. I understand that you may get a defective one or two but at this point, every switch needs to be replaced because it's either half-lit or totally out. The switches themselves work. I want to buy and replace these switches (see photo) and obviously at lowest cost possible. I don't mind going to LED but I heard I need to add a resistor to it? I can buy the switches alone, but unsure if the lights come with it and I DO NOT want to just by the light diodes only. I'd rather just replace the entire switch ( I have the reverse Midas Touch). Can anyone recommend what/how I should do this? Love my Envoy, hate the crappy OEM quality components. My Envoy was one of the units as seen in "Last Truck" the documentary:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Steering Wheel Controls

Ive changed so many of these its unreal. What ive been doing lately, is ordering the upgraded dorman set off ebay that have led's in them, and putting the GM cover on them. The dorman face looks cheap, but the guts are reliable.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Ive changed so many of these its unreal. What ive been doing lately, is ordering the upgraded dorman set off ebay that have led's in them, and putting the GM cover on them. The dorman face looks cheap, but the guts are reliable.
they are a huge PITA to change. The wires are so short its almost impossible to plug them in.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! Thanks for the feedback. Was waiting to hear back from others to see if there was an easier way....guess not. I have a mechanic friend that can help me do this, but didn't want to impose. Plus, I need to fix/change the switches on the console as well (i.e. defog switch doesn't light up). Wondering if there's a short or a fuse that causes all this nonsense.:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.