Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial Post, have not done much inspection / diagnostic work yet. But was curious to see if someone has had this issue and can save me time.

Light groan sound heard mostly when coming off throttle (coasting) and turning to right. Might just be easier to hear then. Either putting a light right steer load to steering wheel or a heavy turn creates the same noise. There is groan from front end. Similiar to the sound of the fan when it's engaged. Seems to be from steering pump not wheel bearing but not sure. Pump makes no noise turning lock to lock when car is stopped and not moving. No power steering problems to date.

Don't most wheel bearings make an oscillating sound when they start to fail?

Looks like the front bearing on the Trailblazers are sealed assemblies and entire rotating assy need changing, bummer. Has anyone had a bearing need changing and what was the sound like?

~38K miles, no extended warranty.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Most of us have had front bearings fail on the trucks, I think I'm currently losing the 2nd one.

Your description of the noise sounds about right.
Usually when a wheel bearing fails, the bad one will complain when it is on the outside of a turn. Left turn, right bearing.
The funny thing about these trucks, they seem to complain when unloaded, the inside of a turn.
I changed my right front, a year ago, it made most of it's noise when I turned right.

Price. I'm in Canada so, my prices are not going to help you. You could try a search and perhaps see a few prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts