Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to put this question or if I'm even going to describe it adequately but here goes!

On occasion....when taking a tight turn in loose gravel one or both of the rear wheels will burn out a little. When this happens, the steering wheel will begin pulling to the right until I stop the car and restart it again and then it's back to normal (nice and straight).

Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance!

GS

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Do you have the locker in the rear? Could be that it's staying locked up and making it seem like the steering wheel is pulling and then it releases when you restart it. Sounds like it's time to change the fluid in the diff.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
fill out your vehicle info. it will help in getting an answer:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do you have the locker in the rear? Could be that it's staying locked up and making it seem like the steering wheel is pulling and then it releases when you restart it. Sounds like it's time to change the fluid in the diff.
How would I be able to tell if I have the locker in the rear? If I do then you suggest changing the fluid then?

BTW - this is occurring in 2WD

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
How would I be able to tell if I have the locker in the rear? If I do then you suggest changing the fluid then?
Look for the code G80 on the glove box sticker. How many miles do you have, and have you been following the Owner's Manual recommended fluid change intervals? Is it always pulling one way, and ccan you arrange to break the other tire loose and see if the locker engages? (if you have it)

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look for the code G80 on the glove box sticker. How many miles do you have, and have you been following the Owner's Manual recommended fluid change intervals? Is it always pulling one way, and ccan you arrange to break the other tire loose and see if the locker engages? (if you have it)
There is a G80 code on the glovebox sticker. It has about 60,000 miles. I can't say that I have followed changes exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.