Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening all. This afternoon I installed a different steering column in my 2004 TB this evening. After doing so, the TB will not start and I believe it to be an issue with the security system, as the security light is flashing. I did remove my original lock and cylinder from my original column and put it in the new one, so I don't know if that is what is throwing the system off. I tried the 11 minute restart and the security light went out. After letting it sit on off for about 1 minute I turned the key to acc and the security light was now out but came right back on and started flashing again when I turned to start the truck. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Good evening all. This afternoon I installed a different steering column in my 2004 TB this evening. After doing so, the TB will not start and I believe it to be an issue with the security system, as the security light is flashing. I did remove my original lock and cylinder from my original column and put it in the new one, so I don't know if that is what is throwing the system off. I tried the 11 minute restart and the security light went out. After letting it sit on off for about 1 minute I turned the key to acc and the security light was now out but came right back on and started flashing again when I turned to start the truck. Any thoughts?
The PCM4less instructions say to do the procedure for four cycles or until the truck starts. When my light went out the truck started but try the four or until it starts.:m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, I thought I had to do it only once. I just finished it for the 5th time and it started right up. Thank you folks for helping out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts