Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my TB in to the stealer for the brake light recall finaly, as well as the fuel line corrosion recall.

They said they are going to replace the fuel pump. I guess this is good. how much do these things run anyway? I got a call from them and the service tech said my fuel sensor was "showing some ware" and he recomended it be replaced. Cost 300 bucks, I told him to skip it.

Also asked them to replace the jiffy lube stripped transfer case fill plug. Just "replace " the plug. Cost 100 bucks! I said Ill pass.

So what is the fuel sensor. and how does it show ware?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
The fuel sensor is the Fuel Level Sensor, its what your Gas Guage uses to tell you accurately how much gas is in the tank. They usually get Carbon built up on them sometimes etc and it can lead to innacurate readings

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel sensor is the Fuel Level Sensor, its what your Gas Guage uses to tell you accurately how much gas is in the tank. They usually get Carbon built up on them sometimes etc and it can lead to innacurate readings

Thanks for the info, I think Ill pass on having it replaced it seems to work well enough for me now at least. I have some other plans for the 300 and change thay want for it.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
They said they are going to replace the fuel pump. I guess this is good. how much do these things run anyway? I got a call from them and the service tech said my fuel sensor was "showing some ware" and he recomended it be replaced. Cost 300 bucks, I told him to skip it.
Man, they already had the pump assembly out, how the f*** is it $300 to swap out the sensor? As Balki would say, "don't be ridiculous!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts