Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are just going to be doing the exterior. Bought some smooth handles. Then pulled her mirrors and grill. Painted everything 2 coats of base and 3 clear. Then added a polished bowtie. next are wheels

Putting her to work!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Are you planning on doing bumpers? If so, you'll need an SS grille, otherwise you'll have an unsightly gap.

Looks good though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, I still need to paint the side skirts for her. But she is going to shave the roof rack holes and the rear wiper arm, so we are going to wait to paint again until she gets the bumpers, and has it cut up to lay on the ground. cause there will be some painting on the rear door jams to be done also

uuuuuuuuhm, is your wife in my "Best looking girl" thread????
and where is your "best looking girl thread" lol

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
375 Posts
yeah, I still need to paint the side skirts for her. But she is going to shave the roof rack holes and the rear wiper arm, so we are going to wait to paint again until she gets the bumpers, and has it cut up to lay on the ground. cause there will be some painting on the rear door jams to be done also
Are you just using "rattle cans"?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looking good so far. It will be interesting to see an "SS" in this color. Going for the stock SS wheels? There are some posted in the classifieds, and some on ebay.

·
Registered
174 Posts
look in the off topic forum section.
done and done lol

Are you just using "rattle cans"?
No sir, base and clear out of a gun. Paint was over 100 bucks for 1 qt base and 1 qt clear but it was worth it. We only used 1/2 qt of each on the parts we sprayed because you mix the color 1:1 with a stabilizer so it goes a long way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where did you get the handles, were they bought new?
not sure where I got the handles online. Just google it and you will come up with a few. they were only about 20-25 bucks a piece for the smooth ones and they were new. Or you can primer fill/sand fill/sand till your rough ones are smooth. (thats what I did on the mirrors)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought these from a friend in Dallas this past weekend. He is bringing them to a show this weekend so I should have pictures of them on the Trailblazer monday.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bought these from a friend in Dallas this past weekend. He is bringing them to a show this weekend so I should have pictures of them on the Trailblazer monday.

Everybody seems to be finding good deals on TBSS wheels except me :(

1 - 20 of 433 Posts