Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my 1st time posting. I have an 05 Isuzu Ascender that will not always start. When you turn the ignition switch to on and only the lock signal lights up the suv will not even try to start. It doesn't do this all the time. Maybe 1 time out of 20 starts. But if the lock light appears when the key is turned to the on position it may take about 10 to 25 on / off cycles to get it to where all of the dash lights appear. Then it will start just fine. Also I have had this vehicle die a few times while driving it. It only seems to happen when you are slowing down to turn or to stop. When it dies the locked signal comes on on the dash. You have to cycle the key several times to get it to start again. I thought it might be an ignition switch problem but it does happen everytime. But when it does, it takes a lot of key switch cycles to get it to start again. Can anyone help???

Thanks.

Travis

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
That doesnt sound like an ignition switch problem. Sounds like a theft deterent system problem or a short in the radio lock down switch. Also welcome to the site.:tiphat You are the first Ascender owner I have seen on the site but I'm a newb myself so I haven't seen too much yet.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome! The ignition switch can certainly go intermittent before it totally dies and strands you. Since it's a cheap and easy replacement of a high failure rate item that can cause horrible and subtle electrical problems, I'd just change it and monitor the situation.

On the dying while stopping issue - it is most likely the ignition switch, but much less likely a dirty throttle body. Especially if you have more than 30K miles and have never cleaned it. It's also a cheap maintenance process.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

Your profile says Envoy... did we really leave Isuzu out of the possible choices?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! The ignition switch can certainly go intermittent before it totally dies and strands you. Since it's a cheap and easy replacement of a high failure rate item that can cause horrible and subtle electrical problems, I'd just change it and monitor the situation.

On the dying while stopping issue - it is most likely the ignition switch, but much less likely a dirty throttle body. Especially if you have more than 30K miles and have never cleaned it. It's also a cheap maintenance process.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

Your profile says Envoy... did we really leave Isuzu out of the possible choices?
Ya. The envoy has no problems. Just this ISUZU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts