Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally started on my TB this past weekend by removing my door moldings and roof racks, and i fell in love with my TB all over again. i just ordered a set of black JDM euro taillights for it today from woodview.com and i cant wait till they get here. i have a question and i am hoping one of ya'll have an answer for me. i want to keep the factory headlights but i don't like the gray in them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it is to open the headlights up to paint the gray to black and what paint i should use. i saw on here that the krylon plastic fusion works great any opinions would be great.:thx

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roof racks

i used silicone and gm door panel connecters but i had to shave off the teeth (if that is what they are called)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
headlights

i have no problem with the labor, but were could i get the clear corners at and how much are they.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
headlights, grille and runningboards

i took my running boards off of my tb and i swear it took 100 pounds off the weight of it. i painted the grille and bowtie blach, and i also did the headlights black but kept the yellow corners. whatcha think

( i know it was raining when i took the pics when it stops which ain't supposed to happen for like a week i will post better pics if anyone want me to.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
looking nice :thumbsup:

how about a lil tint on that front window?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
did you follow the Dr. Whistler Mod write up? Did you run into any problems? How long did it take? Sorry for the questions i really want to do mine but i an kind of scared to be honest.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tint

thats the problem it is tinted as dark as legally possible in virginia which is 50%. sucks doesn't it.:cry:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i did but make sure you have a dremel tool cause at first i tried it with out one and i wanted to break everything i layed my eyes on i took about 2 days for me cause i got three kids and they were always interrupting me with daddy what you doin:laugh: but other than that it is really worth it

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
yes i did but make sure you have a dremel tool cause at first i tried it with out one and i wanted to break everything i layed my eyes on i took about 2 days for me cause i got three kids and they were always interrupting me with daddy what you doin:laugh: but other than that it is really worth it
:dielaugh: mine took a little longer cuz I added something extra ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tail lights

i finally got my new taillights in today. tell me watcha think

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
radio and power cap

i finally got a double din for my trailblazer and found a new place to mount the power cap. i cut out the rear storage compartment and made the mounts from the metal rails from the roof racks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts