Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well , it's official :thumbsup: , I did my first mod to the truck today , it was only a simple K&N filter , and opened up the area where the stock cold air duct is , this is temporary until I can get a real CAI kit , but I couldn't wait another day . I'm really going to have to try and control myself with this truck , or it could wind up with a 402 stroker or a magnacharger by summer :D . I swore to myself I will only do a converter , tune and CAI. I hope it doesn't wind up like my Vette , I can't afford two hot rods .

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Sure you can, just get another job :raspberry or better yet, i'll hold onto your vette :rotfl:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
oh yes you can!!!!!! do it do it do it....... come on you know you wanna!!:rotfl: Did you notice a big difference after opening up the intake area on the grill? I ask because I did it and I did notice a deeper growl.
I actually can't even drive the truck right now , I just had knee surgery a week ago , so I had a friend drive me around , it sounds a little meaner , but not as much as I thought it would , maybe once I put a real CAI kit on and replace the rest of that plastic abortion that's on there now from the TB to the mass-air , it will sound better.

I also replaced the stock exhaust tip with a 4-inch Borla rolled and slanted tip , obviously no power gain there :D but it looks a lot meaner than the stock tip . :yes: I'll have some pics up by the end of the weekend .

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
STEALTH SS said:
I actually can't even drive the truck right now , I just had knee surgery a week ago , so I had a friend drive me around , it sounds a little meaner , but not as much as I thought it would , maybe once I put a real CAI kit on and replace the rest of that plastic abortion that's on there now from the TB to the mass-air , it will sound better.

I also replaced the stock exhaust tip with a 4-inch Borla rolled and slanted tip , obviously no power gain there :D but it looks a lot meaner than the stock tip . :yes: I'll have some pics up by the end of the weekend .
What a lucky friend you have.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScarabEpic22 said:
Sounds like it is starting to come along nicely (and falling victim to the modding bug!!!):laugh:
I've ben addicted to modding cars since I was 16yrs old , I have modified every car I've ever owned . I really got carried away with my Vette , I took it to the track the second day after I bought it , the next day it had a K/N filter , then more bolt-ons , then a heads and cam package , then a 415cid stroker , then stroker with nitrous , switched back to a 441cid all motor set up , and now finally a 388cid and a custom single turbo , here's a pic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts