Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the fuel pump would be located from INSIDE the vehicle on a '07 Trailblazer? And yes I'm very much aware that there's not a factory access.I just followed a set of instructions from another forum and cut a hole in the wrong location (under the driver side back seat).
I don't have a solid dry location to work on it. Like true "Shade Tree Mechanics" I have the choice between gravel and mud.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,581 Posts
Get some plywood in order to jack your TrailBlazer up and place it on jack stands, and then drop the fuel tank. Also many of us "Shade Tree Mechanics have to deal with asphalt driveways which do not react well to floor jacks and jack stands, Hence my 20+ year use of plywood and a large piece of cardboard or a cargo liner to place between me and the ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of plywood because I done it in the past. I just moved a year ago and I had a floor to use there so I was spoiled for the last ten years 😂
I remembered this morning that I have a 50' drain pipe inspection camera in my storage unit. I'm going to try and find it first. With a full tank I really don't want to have to drop it. Plus if I find it's not going to be too bad, I'll post instructions for everyone else.
I really wish they hadn't stopped putting in access panels. I would a lot rather deal with the "tar" and rust to open one of those. Hell, I might cut an access even if I have to drop it so I won't have to in the future!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of plywood because I done it in the past. I just moved a year ago and I had a floor to use there so I was spoiled for the last ten years 😂
I remembered this morning that I have a 50' drain pipe inspection camera in my storage unit. I'm going to try and find it first. With a full tank I really don't want to have to drop it. Plus if I find it's not going to be too bad, I'll post instructions for everyone else.
I really wish they hadn't stopped putting in access panels. I would a lot rather deal with the "tar" and rust to open one of those. Hell, I might cut an access even if I have to drop it so I won't have to in the future!
hey nippe, i agree with chem, drop the tank, but not until you're out of gas or get to a ding-ding close to home and have a friend or yourself that has siphon, like for your lawn mower. This will sound stupid but PLEASE DON'T DO IT WITH THE TANK IN PLACE. I know you knew that but, just because! take care

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
I'm pretty sure that GM has NEVER put a fuel sending unit floor hatch or access of any kind that is inside the riding zone of a vehicle --- not after the Ford Mustang-Cougar immolation problems when the fuel tank was the floor of the trunk.

One hit from behind, and the fuel tank ruptured and that sent the fuel into the car and set everything/everybody on fire.

... and yet Nader said GM trucks were a fire trap ... manila, unmarked envelopes were a-flying!

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
195 Posts
My 2005 and 2008 Impalas both had fuel pump access hatches under the carpet in the trunk, in between the spare tire well and the fold down back seats.

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
105 Posts
Always liked the '65 Mustang.
Paper bumpers.
And the fuel tank was merely a 3-sided box glued to the bottom of the rear.
Very safe!
Still, the car made it 300K before being shot.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Our '99 Buick Century has an access cover in the trunk right above the fuel pump. Makes for a less than dramatic repair.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
I wish my 2000 Astro Van had an access hatch ... I think so, anyway. I have to change that fuel pump ... ugh!

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Ugh is right!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts