Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It made me put solved up there? Not sure if that's correct.

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with a 4.2L motor with 143K on it.

I recently started to smell gas coming from the right rear side of the truck, so I assumed it was the fuel filter. Then when I would come to a stop sign it'd feel like it was going to stall out- but never did. I took it into a local shop and they said it was a bad fuel filter and charged me $51 to replace it. Drove it home and it acted fine. Started to drive it later that night and it started acting like it was going to stall again, but never actually stalling.

I then ordered some AMSoil Power foam and PI and cleaned the TPS and poured the PI into the tank(as I had seen on youtube for a stalling envoy problem). As the smoke was coming out it a few times seemed like it was going to stall. It smoked for maybe 5-7 minutes before it was clear again. I drove it around after it cleared up and it drove better than it'd ever felt before. It shifted more smoothly seemed like it had the power back that I haven't seen before in this truck. I was happy, spent $30 on the AMSoil and thought I was good to go.

Now I get up today, start my truck and it's sluggish again, feeling like it's going to stall. Back to the stop signs and lights it's whimpering like it's going to give up.

Check engine light was on for what the tech said was a tstat and after the foam and fuel clearner it shut off the light which also was flickering on and off before it stayed on for good this morning.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Have you checked....

TommyJ,

I would also check out ALL the bolts on the Exhaust manifold ( i think there are 11 of them ) to confirm they are all there and tight to specs ( take off the heatshield ,the Left Wheel ,and air intake ) ...and pull out / check all the sparkplug wells to confirm Dry / No oil in them ...do a complete Throttle body clean out . And, on the driver's side, check all the bolts on the Intake Manifold ( take out the battery, disconnect the PCM, and remove the left wheel )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts