Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have this problem while reversing my 04 tblz 4.2 the idle will go up & down to where it almost dies out this is at a low rpm like backing into a parking stall or garage. Well yesterday it died out completely 2 times while trying to get out of a parked stall. i have an appointment with my dealer, they said they had a tblzr in last week with similar symptoms but could not replicate the stall. So i guess when it dies i am imaginig it. Any suggestions.

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
My car did the same once, after i jump started it, i replaced the battry's and never did that again..
it might be the same thing ! :confused:

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Bad1 said:
Any one have this problem while reversing my 04 tblz 4.2 the idle will go up & down to where it almost dies out this is at a low rpm like backing into a parking stall or garage. Well yesterday it died out completely 2 times while trying to get out of a parked stall. i have an appointment with my dealer, they said they had a tblzr in last week with similar symptoms but could not replicate the stall. So i guess when it dies i am imaginig it. Any suggestions.
Mines done this once or twice. Its never actually stalled, just sputtered and recovered. Its only happened a few times, and I am sure the dealership would never be able to duplicate it. So I just live with it. hasn't happened in a few months though.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle_xl
39 Posts
stalled

wells i know this post is old but my car is doing the same thing now did you ever figured out what wrong with it?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
I'm curious too. Mine doesn't completely die because I stop what I'm doing, but it seems to be happening only in 4WD when I'm backing and turning (and this is an easy turn, not a full-crank). It also occasionally does it in forward (also 4WD, when turning).

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old topic as well but I've been experiencing this problem with my 2003 GMC Envoy. I've noticed it since the weather has gotten colder if I back out of the my driveway and attempt to shift into drive without being at a complete dead stop the truck will stall.

Once it warms up, or I am able to get into drive without stalling I don't have a problem.

Some trends I noticed while having the issue - I use a remote start and keep my temperature at 75 degrees with heat and defrost on at medium to high blast.

I started using Lucas Fuel Cleaner and that has reduced my stalling but it doesn't get rid of it entirely.

Hopefully this helps some people out and maybe we can figure something out that fixes

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Mine stalled a couple times when I first got it. Cleaned the throttle body (it was black as tar inside) and it is much better and hasn't stalled since. It still occasionally has an RPM drop and catch when going from reverse to drive, but I blame that on the stupid drive by wire system more than anything. I prefer cable driven throttles, more reliable and no chance of anything stupid going on like Toyota had which computer glitches or whatever getting the throttle stuck open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
stalled

wells i know this post is old but my car is doing the same thing now did you ever figured out what wrong with it?
Sometimes the throttle-body gets dirty and needs cleaning. When it gets dirty it doesnt allow air to get by the throttle plate and acts like the choke is on. Just search for throttle body cleaning and you will find a video for it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Try this: remove the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator and see if the problem goes away - or even gets worse.

Just taking a shot here ---

1 - 9 of 9 Posts