Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today i pulled up for gas and put her in park and then...WTF it just stalled out. now it did start right back up and ran fine, but what in the hell was that about.? anyone ever have this happen?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
A/C on by chance? .... If so, when was the throttle body last cleaned? - Dirty throttle body may cause a stall under certain conditions or erratic idle.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
374 Posts
It could have been a momentary glitch with your Idle Air Control valve, but just clean out the throttle body and if it doesn't happen again, then you're set.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
219 Posts
From time to time my 02 dies with no warning and without any provocation and then fires right back up like it never happened. My 5.7L 98 and 5.3L 01 1500's did the same thing, I think the computer just brain farts once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
A/C on by chance? .... If so, when was the throttle body last cleaned? - Dirty throttle body may cause a stall under certain conditions or erratic idle.
I agree....clean the Throttle Body, mine stalled last year and wondered why it did that, its an 06.....took it apart and it was dirty....once I cleaned it it was fine ever since.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
It's located in your throttle body... kind of like a super-small throttle body that controls the amount of air that bypasses the throttle butterfly when you're not on the gas... if it glitches and closes... then you end up stalling... of course, cleaning the throttle body usually fixes this by clearing out the passage the air takes.... and now that I've said all that, I feel embarrassed because I just googled that and found out we don't have an IAC valve... :duh:

Please excuse me while I extricate my foot from my mouth.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No prob. Just wanted to make sure we hadn't suddenly moved over to Civic-Ricer-land and we now had IACs to worry about. (My wife has a Civic, but not a ricer. Not if I'm maintaining it. :dielaugh: )

·
Registered
374 Posts
:eek:fftopic:

Now now... I loathe Hondas... they're either boring or obscene... but I had/have (until I sell) a Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo, and it was go rather than show... Unfortunately, it's only been a month since I got my trailvoy, so I haven't had a chance to lay in bed and read the repair manual yet to find out the specs on this car hehe.

Ok back on topic...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts