Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
saab
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up putting a rebuilt (by pti) tci 3,600 stall converter in my Envoy yesterday. Runs really good from a dead stop. From a roll it isnt so tight, wish it was. I'll try to get track results today after i install my B&M super cooler :D
Dirty 30 = :weird:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I ended up putting a rebuilt (by pti) tci 3,600 stall converter in my Envoy yesterday. Runs really good from a dead stop. From a roll it isnt so tight, wish it was. I'll try to get track results today after i install my B&M super cooler :D
Dirty 30 = :weird:
Nice! :thumbsup: i tried to tell every one but nooo they dont listen. not only it runs great from dead stop but even better from mid throttle to WOT!

What brand TC did you get BTW?

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Hold up, i thought you wanted to get a yank?

Because on the classify section there is a 3600 yank (the same as mine) availlble at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
saab
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im gonna go with a yank when I get a different transmission (as soon as this one blows). Right now i feel like i already did too many mods for 4 weeks since i bought it lol.

·
Registered
saab
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i think thats another person

Well i ran it at the track today and I think my tune wasnt setup right for the stall.
My wifes denali ran 15.8 @ 89 mph stock with tune only not too long ago (16.4 @ 84mph stock). I just ran a 15.0 @ 89 mph in my denali with tune, CAI, efans, 160* t-stat, ported TB, no cats + resonator, and a 3,600 stall. Does the mph sound right? I was launching at about 1,500 RPM, times and mph were consistent. :worried:

btw, weighed in at 4820 lbs with me in it (330lbs).

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
i think thats another person

Well i ran it at the track today and I think my tune wasnt setup right for the stall.
My wifes denali ran 15.8 @ 89 mph stock with tune only not too long ago (16.4 @ 84mph stock). I just ran a 15.0 @ 89 mph in my denali with tune, CAI, efans, 160* t-stat, ported TB, no cats + resonator, and a 3,600 stall. Does the mph sound right? I was launching at about 1,500 RPM, times and mph were consistent. :worried:
normally you dont need a tune for an upgraded tc but i heard that alvin from pcmforless has help people with their tune and got amazing results so maybe you can go there and ask for some help.

even though we both got the same stall mine is shorter 9.5mm and yours is 10mm, i dont know your company's type of converter (mult or single lock) but yank is a single lock that hardly loses any gas mileage but gains tremendous torque.

basically the shorter size and the STR (stall torque ratio) the better the performance.

and one more thing about the stall, if you want a low throttle performance (tighter) or from stop to go performance, its recommended you get a stall from 2500 - 3500. But if you want mid throttle to WOT performance (looser) or while on high mph you step on the gas more harder and you hall ass real fast, youll need a stall above 3600.

What you got is 3600 which is more looser. If you want a more tighter approach get a lower stall. I hope this explain everything towards a TC

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
89mph sounds fine for a 15flat.

A converter will lose you speed, but cut time off. If you want more MPH, you'll need to lock a triple-disc converter at WOT.

I've got the YankSSTB3600 and it's amazing. I cut off .6 of a second with that one mod. And, yes, you should tune for a converter. They throw your shift points all to hell.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
A converter will lose you speed, but cut time off. If you want more MPH, you'll need to lock a triple-disc converter at WOT.
Many people says the multiple lockings are annoying and gas consuming which is why i recommended yank

I've got the YankSSTB3600 and it's amazing. I cut off .6 of a second with that one mod. And, yes, you should tune for a converter. They throw your shift points all to hell.
:iagree:I got the same one but my shifts were fine. Maybe i should get another shift mod done by pcm4less again.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
i have the 3600 as well and according to Dave from Yank said that the stall will decrease to about 3000-3200 based on an I6 engine. Worth the :m2: for this add on performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.