Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That makes more sense... Ours is an LS 5.3L 4x4 G80 "sun and sound" TB, and it was like $31,750... I know an SS was like $40k...

I still want to know how you're getting the same mileage as an SS... Before I threw on the 10-ply BFGs, I was getting 19-21mpg highway and 15 in town-country mixed driving... I've got 3.42 gears, but we both are 4WD with the 5.3...

Mike
Prices change each year so in 2007 they could be different from 06. Even the same exact equipped vehicles could be a different price.

My MPG has always been in the 15-17 mpg range (sometimes 18) on the highway. Keep in mind, I'm running usually 70-75mph. I was driving along the top of Lake Michigan in the UP a couple weeks ago (2 lane 55 mph highway) running around 60mph and the DIC showed an AVG 20.1 mpg. My summer tires are more highway friendly. The Duelers I run in the winter don't help the MPG and neither did the Destination A/Ts I had them replace the stock Continentals with.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Stock, I was doing 19-21 with the destination A/Ts at 70-75mph...

(68-70mph was about 21, and and ~73-75mph was between 19 and 20)

Mike

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine has never done that well!!! Lots of different variables in play.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
510 Posts
Spong, really looking forward to this setup on your TB! Can't wait for some sound clips. Keep us updated!

I've always wanted headers on my XUV, but now with 105k on her, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Spong, really looking forward to this setup on your TB! Can't wait for some sound clips. Keep us updated!

I've always wanted headers on my XUV, but now with 105k on her, it's not worth it.
Me too! It probably won't be until winter that I work on it. I've never installed headers before so I plan to take my time so I'm not sure how long it will take. I've been driving it quite a bit lately so I need to wait until I can have it down for a little while. Who knows, it might only be a weekend job, but I don't want to expect it to take 5 hours when it really takes 5 days.

If I had a lift and all the best air tools it would go much faster!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts