Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I had to fix the rusty and leaking Transmission lines but I figured new ones will just rust so I went all out and installed some Russell Hose and Hose Ends. That was 3 years ago and things are still dry under the truck.
Here's some photos for those of you who want to try this. It is a pricey fix but it looks nice, it's functional and hopefully
it'll last longer then the steel lines. I used AN6 Hose and Hose Ends along with 4 - 3/8" Hardline to Male Compression Fittings.
I left the original connections on the Radiator as they weren't leaking but I did remove all the old lines
Be sure to tie the lines up to the chassis where they go over the right front axle. As you can see mine got scuffed up before I realized it.
Also notice the piece of rubber hose I tie-wrapped over the edge of the chassis to protect the new lines from scuffing.

Good luck,
Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
215 Posts
1. No way on Earth that hose has a longer service life than double-wall seamless steel tubing. ESPECIALLY if it has a rubber liner instead of the Teflon/PTFE liner. Hose made with Teflon/PTFE liner is even more expensive than the stuff with rubber liner; as are the hose ends.

2. If you leave that hose tyrapped like that, the steel braid will grind against each other and wear out. The braid breaks, the frayed braid punctures the liner, and then the hose leaks. Those hoses need to be properly secured before the problems begin. And I mean, those hoses have to be separated from each other, AND separated from anything else they would rub against. Those hoses MUST NOT TOUCH each other, no how, no way, no matter how the vehicle turns, stops, accelerates, or bounces over rocks. Welcome to the world of standoff brackets, cushion clamps, and machine screws.

This "upgrade" is really a downgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts