Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the two stabilizer bushing (front and rear)I was wondering if I can change them without undoing the links?And if I can ,can I do them on ramps or do I need to jack the truck up to replace them?Also I know before I go and get them(NAPA) I need to measure the front bar(three different dia.),do I need to measure the back or they all the same size.It's a 02 LTZ. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Your an 02 like me, you want the 1.8" poly bushings from napa for the front, also you can change the bushings without taking the endlinks off

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,NAPA show three sizes(1.42,1.72 and 1.80)so I don't mine measuring it to be sure.Can I take them off on a ramp or do I need to take the weight of the bar and use jackstands?

·
Registered
388 Posts
The 02s had the 1.8" it was the later years that got the smaller bars, just take one of them off and bring it to napa with you and compare the two side by side, you can get them off on ramps

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much!I didn't want to take it off and go down and find they don't have it in stock(because when I was their for the links and asked for it(they said they had only two sizes in stock)).Thanks alot Joe,That should be an easy job!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you don't mind lying on pavement and if your nose isn't too long, you can change them all without ramps or jackstands. Be warned though: on mine the bolts holding the front brackets came out OK, but at the rear one of the weld studs sheared off. Fortunately the backside was accessible, after removing the shock absorber. Drilling it out was a real pain though because it's hardened and you can't really get a straight shot at it. Eventually I got it done and replaced the stud with a nut and bolt. A few squirts of a real penetrating oil (not WD-40) a couple of days in advance might be a good idea.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Do it up on ramps or on the ground. If you use jack stands and let the wheels hang it puts the anti-sway bar under tension.:m2:

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!I thought the front can be done,but the back(looking at the pic from NAPA,it looked like they needed to be slid on from the end)meaning you had to take the link of the end.I'd rather give me extra room using the ramps.I'll get them this week and put them on next weekend.Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
211 Posts
+1.

mine were 1.72 as well. Easy to measure circumference with thin strip of paper and a pencil mark, measure, and divide by pi (3.14)

took about 10 min to replace, and got rid of my squeak!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts