Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an intermittent problem with Stabilitrak and the steering wheel sensor. I also have a PCM tune. My understanding is that it could be a programming problem and not the sensor itself.

Where is the Stabilitrak run from, the PCM or the BCM? Should I switch out PCMs before I take it in to protect my tune? I don’t want them “fix” the problem on the stock computer and not the one I use though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An intermittent "Service Stabilitrak" message in the DIC. It will come on and then go away when I restart the truck. I called OnStar and they said it was a malfunctioning steering wheel sensor code.

The Advisor I talked to said they cannot give us the code. I told them that my dealer needed me to call them when it happened again to get a code (wich is true). Their reply to me, was have the dealer call them from my car and OnStar can give the code to the tech. that it threw the other night.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
If you have the stock PCM, then I would swap them just to be safe. For the 10 mins it takes to do it.

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_slt
85 Posts
How long have you had the tune for? I am experiencing the same issues.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For about a year now, but I do not think that its a becuase of the tune.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
I'm having the same light come up and the answer is the same "a malfunctioning steering wheel sensor",there is a thread about this here:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=41508
Without hijacking the thread,would this in any way influence the gas mileage in the truck,coincidence or not my mileage went way down sice this problem occurred.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts