Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wonderin how the ss's handle in the snow? im supposing the AWD would be solid but maybe too much power to control? im guessin the RWD is crap...correct me if im wrong its just a thought that i had to pass the time:crazy:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a 2wd SS here in MA. dont know why i bought 2wd......? I must be retarded or something :duh:, BUT the SS does great in the snow:woot:. Almost got stuck twice, but the rear diff. helps alot with both wheels spinning.:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
204 Posts
last week we good some snow in jersey, i had a great time driving around with my awd. went up hills like it was nothing, while other cars with front wheel and read wheel drive were not going up at all.:woot::woot:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Really the only thing that would hinder the SS version is the wider tires. They will tend to ride on top of the snow, instead of digging into it. Otherwise, unless you have the 2wd version, the AWD should be OK.

Now, if you have a set of steel winter rims and narrow snow tires for it, now that would go through snow as well as the standard TB, IMO.:yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
24 Posts
have steel wheels with 245/70/17 all season the truck is boring to drive in the snow. traction is perfect in the snow, with traction control off when the truck finally loses traction and starts to fish tail Stabilitrac takes over and the truck straights out instantly:(

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last week we good some snow in jersey, i had a great time driving around with my awd. went up hills like it was nothing, while other cars with front wheel and read wheel drive were not going up at all.:woot::woot:
yeaa im in north jersey and i was at the docs as the storm hit i was up in westorange...musta seen an inch in 30min...cars stuck everywhere but i was just cruisin...i live next to newark so roads were pretty bad here too but iv had not one problem get to or from anywhere...but me being the kind generous self that i am got alllooottttaaa use outta that tow rope :thumbsup::woot:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
94 Posts
have steel wheels with 245/70/17 all season the truck is boring to drive in the snow. traction is perfect in the snow, with traction control off when the truck finally loses traction and starts to fish tail Stabilitrac takes over and the truck straights out instantly:(
Thats why i always drive with the Stabilitrac off if I want to have fun! I live in Maine (but not a Mainer) and find that it pushes in the corners excessively and like someone else said, it rides on top of the snow. Not the best but better that any two wheel drive. Snow tires and this thing would be great but only one more winter then moving to JAX. :woot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow on my AWD and haven't had any trouble... even considering this year has been particularily snowy for us. You do have to use common sense in terms of not stomping on the gas peddle, but compared to the LS 4x4 we had, the SS does prety well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts