Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...Just wanted to post some pics of the SS wheels on my 2003 EXT. Rear is dropped with GF and front has one coil cut.

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were did you get your GF springs. were they easy to install. I need to do mine!
I can't remember if it was Ebay or some web site. In any case, if you are serious, do some web searches. Again, I can't remember what I paid. All I know is that I got a good deal on these. Installation is easier than you think. Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
352 Posts
Cool ride. And that spoiler is a nice touch. Slick roads and a LWB should make it a nice drift machine. :D

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I think the only thing I want to do now is paint the door handles and mirrors. Oh, and can't forget to cut off the can.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Looks nice, what size tire did you end up going with?

I am going to get my SS wheels put on in about an hour.

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks nice, what size tire did you end up going with?

I am going to get my SS wheels put on in about an hour.
I stuck with the original tire that came with the wheels. 255/50/20. My speed will be bumped up to 1.1 miles faster than what the speedometer is registering with this setup.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
I stuck with the original tire that came with the wheels. 255/50/20. My speed will be bumped up to 1.1 miles faster than what the speedometer is registering with this setup.
I just got back from getting mine put on. I went with the Hankook 275/45/20 and so far I like them a lot. I need to find the digi and take some pics I guess.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
that EXT looks really good. :thumbsup::thumbsup: i need to do that setup with my black one.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
what do u have to do to take the old coils and replace them with the GF 2 inch rear coils. you just take the tires off and they should be able to come out? i also plan on putting new shocks when i go to do this and thats pretty easy to do

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what do u have to do to take the old coils and replace them with the GF 2 inch rear coils. you just take the tires off and they should be able to come out? i also plan on putting new shocks when i go to do this and thats pretty easy to do
This is how I did it. Chock the front wheels. Jacked up the pumpkin. Put jack stands on each side of the frame towards the rear of the vehicle. Take out the lower bolts holding the shocks in. Slowly drop the pumpkin using the jack. Springs should be loose and almost fall right out. Now would also be a good time to replace the shocks if you plan to. Put new springs in. Jack up pumpkin. Put bolt back in on lower shock. Done. I think you may get away with not having to take the wheels off, I forget.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree: you gotta love the TBSS rims......it compliments the ride very well!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Your EXT looks really nice. You got me sold on the spoiler. I'm going have to get my self one. And I'm in the process of looking for rims.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts