Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member and hopefully this is being posted in the right forum. I bought an 06 ss trailblazer just recently and now sometimes it will crank for awhile before it will start. Sometimes it will start fine and other times it will crank and seems like it will only start if i push in the gas pedal. Now this all started one day after leaving the gym it would crank over the first time so i tried again and fired right up. On the way home i noticed the temp gauge did not go up at all and stuck in the cold position. Stopped to get gas (was only at half a tank) and when i went to leave it did the same thing. Took quite a few tries till it fired up. Took it home and that's where I'm at. Kinda seems like a fuel problem but not sure and i don't have a fuel gauge. Tried to listen for fuel pump but it seems to be very quiet but i do hear it sometimes but not always. Didn't know if the temp gauge issue is any kind of culprit but it doesn't always goes up when it has been running for awhile but other times it will. Also with the temp gauge should the needle move at all in the on position cuz it may just be coincidence but the only time it seems to start is when it does move in the on position and then i crank it over and it starts right up. Hope someone can help with this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Yea i read that is a pretty commonly known issue so i did replace it and still did not fix the issue. I did however find another forum about someone with similar issues and replaced a bunch of stuff and found out in the end it was his throttle body being heavily dirty. Gonna try and clean it and see how that does. Any further insight though would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts