Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,932 Posts
Belltech Lowering struts, raise 2'' or lower 1-2'' they have different spacers for height. 110 each

KBEE Coilovers They are fully adjustable and offer better ride over the belltechs but cost 3 times more. 600-650

Belltech/KW Coilovers Fully adjustable, slightly better ride and slightly better quality than the KBEE's. More expensive as well, 800-900.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
i ask because i have an SS and my left rear blew out, and it's time to replace them, and there is always something better than stock...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
173 Posts
Just checked out a set of Bell Tech Street Performance drop struts on ebay and the listing is for 04-07 only, anyone know why? Is there a difference in design between 02 and 04? Part number is 25011.

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
what are the MOOG part numbers?

I've tried looking stuff up, but on several places it seems they mix SS and non-SS together.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
I opted for bilsteins in the rear. much beefier than i though over the stock SS ones. they seem to work pretty well over the stockers. I'm still on the fence for what to do on the fronts though. :undecided

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
142 Posts
yes sir i did go with moog ss springs in the front. lowered it about .75-1" I also went with rear 3" lowering springs for a tahoe (which lowered the tblaze only about 1.3". The front shocks are acdelco bilstiens for the SS. and the rear i went with bilstien HD shocks. Perfect ride hieigth, more towing capacity and MUCH MUCH MUCH better handling. I will post pics of how she sits now. I HIGHLY recommend the setup i went with absolutely lovely. cheers :D

ps. as far as ride goes... it may not be as cushy as a stock tblaze, but by no means is it harsh whatsoever.
What Tahoe springs exactly did you go with? Pics?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
492 Posts
can the ss rear shocks be installed and aligned first without doing the fronts for an LS? Wondering if this makes a big difference or may post a problem? Oh FYI, 20s are installed.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I've been doing a lot of reading on suspension here and not once did I hear anyone mention using Tahoe 4" lowering springs for the rear which if installed with the ss fronts would make it virtually an even ride height. Any reason why?:undecided

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
54 Posts
I've been doing a lot of reading on suspension here and not once did I hear anyone mention using Tahoe 4" lowering springs for the rear which if installed with the ss fronts would make it virtually an even ride height. Any reason why?:undecided
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=80258

I used eibach 3" lowering springs for a 2004 tahoe. rides and handles much better.
i would say that another inch would be about perfect

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I had read that post, I guess I should have put the 4 in "" lol. I see a lot of people have used the 3" but have not seen anyone use the 4" and I am curious about ride quality and look.

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
18 Posts
The TBSS springs are still good for 05 models correct? I have an Ascender but its identical to the TB. Probably a question I don't need to ask.

Well I jumped the gun and bought the springs from here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=15853193

Same part number and it lists them as springs so I figured that was the best deal I could come across.

Looking at the http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=3887.520&_sacat=0&_odkw=369-3887.520&_osacat=0&_from=R40 for the rear.

It seems as though these are the correct springs from the thread a few posts up. If anyone has better info on if these are the correct springs that would be helpful. I finally get to do some upgrades to my Isuzu, it desperately needs a ride makeover.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
2 Posts
Suspension Fixed

I just thought I would let novices like myself know, that after reading every thread and article about my Envoy air shocks. I tried the little 5/32 Tee Union, it worked well for a week, then failed nightly. I finally went to my local NAPA told them my problem, the salesman recommended a pair of springs for $84. He printed me a picture and a spec sheet for these springs. I went home and did more research, I counted the loops and compared them to everyone on the net selling them(including strutmasters). The closest price was $164.

I finally decided to give NAPA a shot. I also purchased load leveling shocks for $128 a pair. I installed them both today, it took me two hours, start to finish. The Envoy sits a little high for my taste (salesman warned me it would). I drove it tonight for 10 miles, and it feels great.

If anyone has any questions about part numbers here is my email. [email protected]

81 - 100 of 101 Posts