Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to put this up there so everyone in here can get the TBSS set up and not waste money on the HDS :)

TBSS Front Shocks 15125521
TBSS Front Springs 15853193
TBSS Rear Shocks 15885746

Much better than the HDS by far guys. Hope this helps you and ive done many swaps using the above on non tbss and allways turns out great.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
Under the "resources" tab at the top, there's a Parts Number database. Might be easier to add it there than to create a whole new sticky.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
450 Posts
Sorry if this wasn't a discussion thread, but is there any real benefit to getting SS springs when I upgrade the shocks?

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if this wasn't a discussion thread, but is there any real benefit to getting SS springs when I upgrade the shocks?

If you get the ss front springs it will corner better at the same time will drop the front down 1/2 -1 inch

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks, I'm not looking to drop it.

Anyone know how much shops charge to install shocks then align? I could do it myself but i would have to get the tools, then pay for alignment anyway.

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you do shocks migh as well do springs same time. Its not that much of a drop but cornering and ride is much better with the SS springs

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
You say it drops the front end down, what about the rear? Dont our vehicles already sit high in the back? Wouldnt dropping the front only only make it worse?

Sorry, Im a bit knew tot he suspension on these things, please correct me if Im wrong!

·
Registered
450 Posts
That's exactly what I thought. I'm not interested in the slightest drop to be honest, if anything I'd raise the front to match the rear.

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just get 2 inch rear drop springs and your set.

If you guys want to keep stock springs in the tbss front/rear will be a nice upgrade for sure.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
SS spring & shocks on 02 TB

I have an 02 TB with standard rear springs. Will the SS shocks & springs work on my TB? How much trouble to install? Are the SS springs only for the front? If so any recommendations on matching rear springs?

I sure would like to make my TB handle a little better. My suspension has been extremely soft since purchased. I have owned many Chevys and have ended up replacing factory shocks within the first 10-12K on every one. Just a part of owning a Chevy.

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZEBECK I have a how to on the front spring install on my site. PM me if you would like to see it. Its not hard at all.

The SS springs are only for the front. And even if you did the tbss front/rear shocks you will like the ride a lot better.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts