Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used 6 white 55000mcd LEDs instead of 13000mcd. This is my 2nd round with the SS plug. Turned out pretty sweet!

Did the same thing as before, cut a hole in the dash plug and epoxied a piece of plexiglass to take the place of it. No biggie there, just time. Then I got with Vince at MCV and sent him some EPS files of what I needed done decal-wise. He came through like always and it actually worked out better than I thought. I had some reverse SS decals cut as to paint the back of it to block all the light, but his decal blocked it all with not an issue! I then added a piece of 35% mirror tint to the back of the plexiglass to block a little of the light and when off it'd give it some what of mirrored look to it. Hard to actually see in pictures, but I like it.

I'm leaving how I did the lighting part out of it. I'm leaving that part of a secret....for a future thread if I choose tell my secret or possibly produce...

Please give me some feedback on what you think?!?!!? Also below is the old thread of my first try at it to compare.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26724

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Very sweet!:thumbsup: If I didn't have my DIC buttons mounted there, I'd probably try something like that.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'm contenplating getting materials and selling a few, just for the fun of it and light up whatever color. Just will give me something to do. :)

·
Registered
2008 chevy
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually if I made them the default would be the SS emblem... But there's no reason why I couldn't leave that blank (and charge less) and you can get with MCV to make you one with a bowtie... Actually, in fact, I have a CAD drawing of a bowtie I can send to him so there's no work on your part... Just pay him and he'll send you the decal and apply. All in all, it'd be close to the same cost, but you can get a bowtie on it... Also he's willing to do custom stuff, so whatever you wanted to put on there, you can. It's a 2" diameter circle that's fully lit up so the options are endless really. :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3 Posts
I'd be interested in a red tinted version if you do go to 'production';)...great look to it!

Chris

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
59 Posts
Very sweet!:thumbsup: If I didn't have my DIC buttons mounted there, I'd probably try something like that.
You put your DIC where?

:undecided

Nice job on the mod! Very slick. That SS logo is rather mild in stock form and always looked out of place imho

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3 Posts
Where can I buy one of these?

I used 6 white 55000mcd LEDs instead of 13000mcd. This is my 2nd round with the SS plug. Turned out pretty sweet!

Did the same thing as before, cut a hole in the dash plug and epoxied a piece of plexiglass to take the place of it. No biggie there, just time. Then I got with Vince at MCV and sent him some EPS files of what I needed done decal-wise. He came through like always and it actually worked out better than I thought. I had some reverse SS decals cut as to paint the back of it to block all the light, but his decal blocked it all with not an issue! I then added a piece of 35% mirror tint to the back of the plexiglass to block a little of the light and when off it'd give it some what of mirrored look to it. Hard to actually see in pictures, but I like it.

I'm leaving how I did the lighting part out of it. I'm leaving that part of a secret....for a future thread if I choose tell my secret or possibly produce...

Please give me some feedback on what you think?!?!!? Also below is the old thread of my first try at it to compare.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26724

Where can I buy one of these.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1 Posts
Looking For Original "SS" Dashboard Plug

I do not know the name of the part and having a hard time finding the original GM part. I need the SS badge that is on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel and near the rear wiper control. Anyone know what the heck it is called and where I can find one?

I am selling my 07 TBSS with 79k and need that part to make it complete. If you know anyone looking for an 07 TBSS, I am the original owner.

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts