Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 SS and thinking about doing some exhaust work within time. I have read a bunch of posts about cutting off resonator, etc, but has anyone did any kind of muffler work along with that. I will go research more as i know i have read about removing the Magnaflow, but any other advice would be great. Iam in Calif and the smog/emissions comes into play, but any feedback would be great.
I posted this in another forum on accident, but would like to see pics of some SS EXHAUST WORK.

THANKS
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2006 chevy
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want it to sound meaner, but at same time i want to keep that " SS look". I just don't want to have to deal with smog issues when that times comes. I have read quit a bit and will go see a really well known exhaust guy next week about resonator work and see where i want to go from there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont think your going to have a problem with smog if you install a Magnaflow and remove the resanator. Resenator is just to soften the exhust sound. I installed the Magnaflow out left the resenator alone (family mobile) . do it in steps untill you get what you want cut muffler Hear how it sounds ,then resenator if its too quiet. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts