Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some of you guys have the SS letters on your calibers, my question is how well do hold up ? My TBSS in driven daily and I want to paint my rotors & calibers, but if the SS stickers don't last for long I'll just stay with painting the calibers & rotors amy input appreciated.

Thanks Bob

·
Registered
2006 chevy
170 Posts
I have the same concern. Mines are red and I'm about to paint them yellow. How well do the stickers hold??

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What you need to do if you want to put emblems/stickers on is paint the calipers, wait for them to dry, apply the stickers, then shoot a few coats of clearcoat over them. This will keep the stickers looking good.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
I see some of you guys have the SS letters on your calibers, my question is how well do hold up ? My TBSS in driven daily and I want to paint my rotors & calibers, but if the SS stickers don't last for long I'll just stay with painting the calibers & rotors amy input appreciated.

Thanks Bob
I've had mine on my calipers for almost a year - they still look perfect. And they see the automatic car wash - no babying. I highly recommend the motorcityvinyl.com folks. Great products and service.

FWIW, I'm also a huge fan of the G2 paint kit. I might have gone crazy with prep, but compared to other paint jobs with spray on stuff I've seen - it just doesn't compare. It also still looks perfect.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
I've had mine on my calipers for almost a year - they still look perfect. And they see the automatic car wash - no babying. I highly recommend the motorcityvinyl.com folks. Great products and service.

FWIW, I'm also a huge fan of the G2 paint kit. I might have gone crazy with prep, but compared to other paint jobs with spray on stuff I've seen - it just doesn't compare. It also still looks perfect.
:iagree: +1 for G2 as well... well worth the money for that kit...

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
7 Posts
What type of clear coat did you use?

I just received my G2 brake kit, and have the SS decals ordered. I'm still shopping around for new brakes, but what type of clear coat did you use on top of the decals?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
159 Posts
I have no personal experience with them, but has anyone looked into the molded abs plastic caliper covers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts