Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 06 tb LT 4wd and im thinking about dropping it. i got the black SS replicas on order (thanks factory reproductions!) and i dont want my truck to look like its on stilts so i was trying to get an opinion on a drop! i wanna drop the back end and the front a little but i dont know if i should go with the ss set up and just buy those springs and shocks or go with an aftermarket set up? pricewise and ride wise whats a better choice?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
the SS front spring/strut assembly will lower you about 3/4-1". the SS rears are actual airbags. most people do either a "leveling drop" from groundforce or the front/rear drop approx 1.5/3". it all depends on what your looking for drop wise.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like the way the ss sits. and id kinda like to get something that handles a little better too. i used to drive a little honda from my highschool days and i dropped that and it was preetty simple.... springs and a camber kit and i was good to go. ... ahhaa anyways yeah i got rid of that piece of **** and got my 06 tblt and i wanna do the same but i feel like its a completly different project. i mean can i just buy springs and drop it or am i gotta have to by shocks too? idk... im new to this whole thing

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
might as well buy t shocks and get it all done at the same time......my setup consist of a Ground Force 1.3F/3R.....for the front struts I went with the yellow/blue SS struts and for the rear I went with the Bell tech nitro drop shocks.....your spending all that money might as well do it the proper way......also other suspension parts you can go with is a panhard bar... a rear anti sway bar......and some djm upper control arms.....search is your best friend...good luck!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wait wait... shocks And struts? imma have to replace springs shocks AND struts? im confused...:crazy: yeah i was looking at the sticky for the ss kit and it had the number for the shocks and springs.. am i gonna have to get the ss struts tooo? im sorry for being such a no0b. i just wanna make sure i get this right even if i gotta dish out some serious cash

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any particular website to get these at? and how about the eibach set up? i dont hear anyone getting those. the only reason i ask is cuz i can get them at work pretty cheap.. jw

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
116 Posts
How cheap is cheap because I was thinking about the Eibach's also but after I searched around heard bad thing's about them plus I'd still have to get the DJM upper a arms so it would align right. Check out NORCAL SS over at the tbssowers.com Also I get confused to about these shocks and struts .It looks like I got shocks on the front but I'm advised to get Belltech drop struts in the front!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts