Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of have an 06 denali. Recently in the mornings I started hearing a Squeaky/Squeal Sound. However when it warms up (when I get to my destination, usually work) it is gone.

is that a belt or a tensioner or pulley?

Just realized I posted in the wrong section.. sorry.. How do I move to the 5.3L section??

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Mods can move it. A common failure item (and cheap to buy at aftermarket parts stores, fortunately) is an idler pulley. Sometimes the tensioner. You can sometimes figure it out by removing the belt and turning the pulleys by hand. Sometimes you just have to start replacing parts, and start with the cheap pulleys rather than the alternator or AC compressor bearings. Also inspect the belt and try belt dressing spray.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Yea, GM vehicles come with Dayco belts. They have a tendency to squeal. My three trucks that had them started squealing within the first 6 months. Since it goes away when it warms up that would be my guess. It should also be noticeable or worse when it's cold and wet. Replace it with a Gates or a Goodyear Gatorback. The Gates are sold at Carquest and Napa and a few other parts houses.:m2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts