Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
4 Posts
update....mine has been good for almost 2 weeks now. Heres the last thing I did that seems to have fixed it: Underneath the center console there is a metal bracket that the shifter sits on. I found on mine that the front 2 bolts that bolt the bracket to the floor and front 2 nuts that are on a vertical surface under the a/c controls were loose. After tightening these the noise got better but not completely gone, so I took them off and placed foam tape between the 2 metal surfaces. Now the noise has been gone for 2 weeks(knock on wood). Hopefully this may help with other peoples issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for sharing. I'll look into that. I haven't noticed my squeak lately - either i've filtered it out by now or have the music too loud by habit to drown it out. Perhaps when I had my center console out last time i tried to locate this squeak, it made a difference when i put it back on. I'll keep the shifter mount in mind when i dive into this project again...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
45 Posts
My Squeek Found

My squeek was coming from the Dome/Headlight switch rubbing on dash where it clips in. I used some general use glue (Not White Elmer's)...problem solved.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
12 Posts
I don't think that I have ever owned a GM vehicle without the factory installed interior rattles. My Envoy squeaks/rattles at the corner of the windshield and the dash on the passenger side as well. It also squeaks near the driver side mirror on the inside somehow. I have given up on trying to fix these minor problems, even though they bug the crap out of me. To top it off, when I go over even the smallest of bumps in the road, something in my front end sounds like it is bonking around. The suspension feels tight, but something under there isn't right. What can you do?

Devin

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
4 Posts
This is my first GM vehicle and I love everything except the noises....I was always(and still am honestly) a Ford person. I just needed something useful that had some balls hence the SS. Ford didn't make anything to solve that need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,
I have a 2006 Envoy Denali with an ever increasing SQUEAKY dash. It only squeaks when moving so I've eliminated the blower fan or CD player.

Does anyone have any insight to this and what it could be. I'd like to get opinions before I tear the dash apart!

Any pointers and all comments appreciated!

thanks
~stevekuznicki
I had the most annoying squeel and didn't know what it was.sometime it was louder than other times. I could push anywhere on the dash and it would lessen. I finally pulled the jocky box down and right behind it below the airbags was two metal bars that looked there was screw missing. There was two bars right behind them. I put some small clamps on them to bring them together and the squeel went away. I have been putting up with that noise for three years!!! I thought I would go insane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the most annoying squeel and didn't know what it was.sometime it was louder than other times. I could push anywhere on the dash and it would lessen. I finally pulled the jocky box down and right behind it below the airbags was two metal bars that looked there was screw missing. There was two bars right behind them. I put some small clamps on them to bring them together and the squeel went away. I have been putting up with that noise for three years!!! I thought I would go insane.
I could have used some bolts instead of clamps but that's all I had at the time and it seems to be doing the job well. NO MORE SQUEEL, SQUEEL or noise!!
You're very patient .. LOL
Hahaha. Because it would get less anywhere I pushed. I did not want to take the whole thing apart. I found it when I was fixing the heater resistor.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
258 Posts
I'm glad I found it. I was going nuts so I was waiting for summer to pull it apart to look for something.
I'm glad you found it , too .
There are more than enough 'nuts' on the road .
And , a quiet ride is much more enjoyable ... :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts