Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's brake pedal squeak when you press it? When I step on the brakes, even if the truck is not moving, there is a very noticable creaking noise from the pedal when pressed.

It really annoys me, and before I complain to the dealer, I want to make sure I have a real complaint.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
2009 chevy
3,344 Posts
Does anyone else's brake pedal squeak when you press it? When I step on the brakes, even if the truck is not moving, there is a very noticable creaking noise from the pedal when pressed.

It really annoys me, and before I complain to the dealer, I want to make sure I have a real complaint.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Um Chris i dont wanna sound like a J*** A** but try putting some lube on it before you waste a whole day at the dealer, jusy my :m2:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um Chris i dont wanna sound like a J*** A** but try putting some lube on it before you waste a whole day at the dealer, jusy my :m2:
Oh, no problem :thumbsup:

i thought of that and will likely try that, just wondered if there was a common thing or something more inportant going on.

Thanks for the reply though.

J*** A**

:dielaugh: LOL, just kidding!

Chris

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
222 Posts
same

Same thing on my truck. THought I was nutz at first!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, remember when this happened with my wifes TB, they told me something about the booster....

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the same problem. At firsst I thought it was my breaks since it was making a crackling sound when the brakes were applied. I changed my breaks and the exterior noise went away but no I notice the break pedal itself make a noise when pressed.

I took it to get an oil change and the mechanic told me something about a recall on these trucks. I forgot the word of the component he mentioned. I just remember it started with a "B". The guy probably said "booster"as someone previously state. He said they wear out fast on the trailblazers. Well, he did say he remembered seeing a recall on this problem and should be covered under warranty.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,267 Posts
there was a recall/TSB on the BRAKE light bulb circuit thing in the taillights.
Lots of these vehicles would burn out the tailights bulbs... so people had no brake lights. only the High mount light worked.

I have an 03 and the brake pedal occasionally squeeks- usually on cold weather.... but goes away.... I mean it does have 117,600 miles now and is 5+ years old.... so im not complaining...

But I was surprissed to see that 2 posters have an 06 and 07......

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My 04 LS accelerator pedal did this.

I've noticed on my new TB that the brake pedal has kind of a weird feeling to it. If I apply it hard, it kind of has "bumps" in it. There isn't any problem with my braking, but there is definitely something noticeable.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I've noticed on my new TB that the brake pedal has kind of a weird feeling to it. If I apply it hard, it kind of has "bumps" in it. There isn't any problem with my braking, but there is definitely something noticeable.
Could the "bumps" be part of the ABS system?

Just thinking out loud.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brake pedal noise

I have the same problem. Mine is a 2007 with about 8500 ,ikes on it and have had the noise since driving it off the dealers lot

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
109 Posts
My Rainier does this to, I been meaning to get under the dash with some lube.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Squeaky Pedal TSB

Had the TB in yesterday to fix the leak in the cargo area (AGAIN) and told them about the squeaky pedal.

On my paperwork it says...
23040 check for bulletins found pip3779e that applies. Follow PI....flush out master cylinder and brake lines. Ran 2 16 oz bottles through brake system....have owner advise.

I have no idea what this means (I understand the flushing part) but it did not squeak when I left the dealer :woohoo:

It did squeak this morning. :duh::bonk::weird:

I dunno. It just sounds like it's going to break. Hope not.

Chris

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
44 Posts

Warped rotors????

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
11 Posts
I'd like to reopen this thread.

Even when I press the brake pedal in my 2002 Envoy with my hand (while I'm looking at the mechanism high under the dash) I get the same squeaking that I do while driving. I cannot reach much up there, but I did give a couple of spots that look like they take a load with a squirt of WD-40 (yeah, I know WD-40 is a lousy lubricant but thought it would help with troubleshooting). That did nothing at all for the squeaking sound.

I cannot tell precisely where the sound is coming from and would like to know if anyone has this figured out yet.

Thanks in advance, folks.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 03 envoy.

It would creak every time I stepped on the brake and I took some WD-40 and went in there and spent 10 minutes spraying everything I could reach and the problem seems to be fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts