Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Square Trade Warranty? Is it a scam? If not, do you recommend using them?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
52 Posts
I've got a few things with SquareTrade warranties on them. I've only had to use them once so far, and my feelings are currently mixed (though still generally on the good side of mixed).

I picked up a reburb'd Xbox 360 in January, and purchased a SquareTrade warranty on it. And a couple of weeks ago, it Red Ringed on me. No biggie, I've got the warranty. SquareTrade was nice enough about the whole thing, but pushed the repair off on Microsoft, as they cover Red Ring failures for 3 years after the console purchase. I can understand why they went that route, but it's still just a touch frustrating :bonk:

Their warranties are inexpensive, and provide some peace of mind. But, understandably, they are likely looking for ways to minimize their payout (just like any other insurance). SquareTrade has always been good to deal with, but the one time I had to use one of their warranties, they honestly did next to nothing.

That said, I'm going to continue using them for used/refurb'd gear that I pick up because it's an inexpensive form of purchase protection. I have known other people who have used them and are very happy. What I find to be particularly nice is that, in a non-repairable claim, they will essentially just refund your purchase price, rather than jump you through all kinds of hoops to get a piece of replacement equipment.

They're definitely not a scam, and their claims analysts are very pleasant to deal with. I still recommend them.

-jk

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
have you seen what voids out the warranties? the list goes on and on.

as for the 360, my xbox was past the three year and they still fixed it for free.

im assuming your looking at subs and amps?

places like carstereo.com and woofersetc.com come with a 1 year warranty, and that cadence comes with a 2 year warranty and elemental designs comes with a 5 year warranty, directly from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts