Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Trailvoy,

I have been really stressed out lately and I was hoping to god that someone my know my issue because the mechanic doesnt. And I am really afraid to take it to the dealer to shell out a tremendous amount of money as funds are low.

About a 2 weeks ago I was having issues where my 2005 Trailblazer 4.2L would stall sometimes in reverse. I went to start it and the truck was having an extremely rough idle along with throwing codes (I don't recall what code) When I would accelerate it would sputter untill I got into a decent moving speed usually 10+ MPH then It was fine. I brought it to the Mechanic and they replaced my Camshaft Solenoid as well as resolved an issue with with Cylinder 5 not firing properly. Which fixed the problem for about 1 week.

Fast Forward to this past weekend (9/20) I had to put on my defrosters as my car windows were fogging bad. I had this Horrible smell coming through my Vents (I think it was an oil smell) and the rough idle/sputtering happened all over again. I brought it back and they cannot figure out whats wrong with it now. They did an engine flush/oil change as well as replaced the solenoid again + refunded my money

They said it could be the cam shaft phaser? but that requires pulling the engine and they dont have the tools to do it so they suggested i bring it to the GM dealer.

Can someone Please advise on what to do! I have a loan out on this car for a remaing balance of $2000 and and I dont know what to do now.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Is the CEL on now and if so, what code is showing?

If the Cylinder 5 Misfire was a coil pack, could the replacement be bad? - I've had brand new coils fail shortly after installation. Seems you either get a good one that lasts forever or one that fails after a week or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ylab the code is P0017
Also noticed today when I turn on my AC/Defroster I get an almost stalling feeling and RPMs Jump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump! I really am screwed if I cant figure out whats wrong with it

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Link to Chevy Tech. notes on this issue

The symptoms sound very serious. however, here is a link to a tech note regarding this issue and code.

http://engine-codes.com/p0017_chevrolet.html
(click on the link for the 2004-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0017) under the Tech Notes heading.

Hope you dont need to replace an engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts