Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Majestic noticed in a thread that there are a lot more members than active members. He even started a thread.
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=724081&posted=1#post724081

What would the take be on chipping away at that number? Give us some banks of member names to work through. Send confirmation emails out and, if they don't respond within a certain time frame: DELETED

Not trying to make extra work for everyone, just letting the wheels turn.:tiphat

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Personaly I think we need to keep the deleted members. It keeps our site looking bigger then it might actualy be. This helps if we try to get parts made since we can say we are a sight with x amount of members that might be interested in the product. Plus when trying to get new members i sounds better saying we have over 40,000 members compaired to 7,000:bonk:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
My reply in the other thread...

We don't prune inactive members. The reason being , if we get rid of them then all of their post get deleted as well. This would create gaps in the threads. We don't have time to go through to clean up each thread that was effected. Would create more problems then it is worth. Plus what good would it do in the first place? Would just make the site look like it isn't active.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Please keep in mind, that average is based on the last 30 days. So that means taht we've had 7,000+ members on in the last 30 days... That's not that bad :no:

Here are the stats (to be kept confidential):

30,097 members completed registration but have less than 10 posts
1,736 started registration but never confirmed their email address
7,534 members with more than 10 posts
204 banned members
<50 miscellaneous including staff, vendors, chapter presidents, etc...

We average 60 - 65 new registrations EVERY DAY!

Not much has changed, this is what we've been looking at for a quite a long time.

As Joe stated, we will never prune users or threads/posts, it defeats the purpose of a forum and can cause significant problems.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. If I don't ask, I'll never know. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to come in and throw my spin on everything, I just want to learn the ropes so I can the as beneficial as possible.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Thanks guys. If I don't ask, I'll never know. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to come in and throw my spin on everything, I just want to learn the ropes so I can the as beneficial as possible.:thumbsup:
Exactly, if you don't ask, you don't know. No biggie, it was a good question :yes:

I can't even delete banned members because they have posts on the boards. If I deleted all of NorcalSS's different usernames, we would lose like 1,200 suspension and coilover threads :rotfl:

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Exactly, if you don't ask, you don't know. No biggie, it was a good question :yes:

I can't even delete banned members because they have posts on the boards. If I deleted all of NorcalSS's different usernames, we would lose like 1,200 suspension and coilover threads :rotfl:

Didn't all of Tommy's posts get wiped out that way?? Maybe Tommy really was NORCAL!!!!:x

:crackup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts