Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
lol the door handles,, mine were textered so i went ahead and ordered all new ones that were smooth so i could paint them.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
did you order the smooth ones,,sand yours down,,or say the hell with it and just painted the textured ones?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Looking good man.....just an fyi...if you are to get putco chrome handles.....try putting your key to unlock the doors......try it I dare ya.....LOL..what I am trying to say is that pray you don't leave your lights on and end up using your key manually as it will not unlock due to the poor cutout of the covers.......you end up ripping or breaking them off....

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Looking good man.....just an fyi...if you are to get putco chrome handles.....try putting your key to unlock the doors......try it I dare ya.....LOL..what I am trying to say is that pray you don't leave your lights on and end up using your key manually as it will not unlock due to the poor cutout of the covers.......you end up ripping or breaking them off....

Like Bot is gonna add chrome to his truck :weird::raspberry

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
I was thinking about using the chrome ones, but just sanding and painting over the chrome. That way the stock handles are still under there in case the paint chips up eventually or if my wife isn't happy with my painting skills. Regardless of how many projects i do myself, she doesn't seem too confident when I come up with an idea.:undecided

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking about using the chrome ones, but just sanding and painting over the chrome. That way the stock handles are still under there in case the paint chips up eventually or if my wife isn't happy with my painting skills. Regardless of how many projects i do myself, she doesn't seem too confident when I come up with an idea.:undecided
That's why you do it first and then show her. It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission:rotfl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.