Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Trailblazer family and have big plans for my 07 model. One of the first things I wanna do is change my interior lighting package. I want to add LED light strips in my footwells and under my rear seats but I want them to be activated by opening and closing the doors.

Has anybody spliced into the dome light or control box to make this happen?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
I did this with my grill and with my door handles. All hooked into the dom light circuit at the dome lights. I have a wire that runs from the handles through the door loom and up the pillar to the dome light and gets power that way. My footwells are done through a toggle switch in my center console.

Attachments

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Well if I saw this in my mirror,I'd pull over! I had a 67 Camaro that I had a blue light lighting up just the pumpkin under the rear of car all the way back in the 80s and gave me a warning but now it's like a $250 ticket!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Nice!don't have those grill lights on in N.J. ,they will give you a ticket for impersonating the police.
No. Thats one of the reasons I did it into the dome light circuit instead of the toggle like me interior lights, can't forget they are on and drive around like that.

(side note) Next I'm going to light up my vents on switched power and my running boards on the dome lights.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts