Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 envoy xl slt 4.2 l6, it has been spitting and sputtering and rough idle with a lot of wobbling while driving above 50mpg. loss 5mpg and wont rev over 3000 rpms . I have changed the plugs and wires and oil. idk what else to change, I have read that it could be the catalytic converter or the oxygen sensor. I need help asap, please and thank you

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If it is, you need to get the fault codes read and post them here. Then we can make an informed diagnosis.
What else led up to this poor running condition? Do you do regular maintenance on the truck?
BTW, there are no plug wires on an I6 engine.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i no theres no wires on the l6 they are boot and spring but I still say wires out of habit lol. the check engine light is still on I took to get a code check , and the codes said my front right and left speed sensor, and # 3 misfire ignition coil pack. I put a used one in from a junk yard $25 instead of a new $62 , run like a champ now. but now im having really bad wobbling and vibration going down the road. the steering wheel wobbles and the car shakes. give me some ideas of what to replace to fix that plz

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Coils

Not sure if this will help or not but your problem sounds like mine. I just bought my trailblazer last week. 04 with the six cyl. Less than a week after I bought it the engine develops very noticeable skip. mainly when its under a load at lower RPM. Called up the Ford dealer I bought it from they took it right in read the codes and replace a couple of the coils. Runs like a top now.:undecided

I have a 2003 envoy xl slt 4.2 l6, it has been spitting and sputtering and rough idle with a lot of wobbling while driving above 50mpg. loss 5mpg and wont rev over 3000 rpms . I have changed the plugs and wires and oil. idk what else to change, I have read that it could be the catalytic converter or the oxygen sensor. I need help asap, please and thank you

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
should read the whole thread i guess....

Glad you got the ignition problem fixed. Does it wobble more when you apply the brakes? If it does its probably just your brake rotors. I have had that issue on a lot of cars in the past most notably the Chevy's I have owned. If not could be tire balance or even the tie rod ends. I wouldn't wait to get it looked into. on a second note if your check engine light is still on disconnect the battery for about one minute it will reset the computer. If you still have an issue the check engine light will come back on.:eek:

i no theres no wires on the l6 they are boot and spring but I still say wires out of habit lol. the check engine light is still on I took to get a code check , and the codes said my front right and left speed sensor, and # 3 misfire ignition coil pack. I put a used one in from a junk yard $25 instead of a new $62 , run like a champ now. but now im having really bad wobbling and vibration going down the road. the steering wheel wobbles and the car shakes. give me some ideas of what to replace to fix that plz

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hI have the same vehicleI'm currently having problems with I change the throttle bodybrand new coils boots and spark plugsI also replace thevalve cover gasketstill says low engine power check enginein service 4 by 4 what should I do next

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the timing chain! GMs will run, but no power?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the new C.O.P. Coil on plugs. The coils do go bad, had a couple customers with that problem. Used parts are new ones that have been tested?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts