Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced my flywheel which involves taking the transmission out..well anyways i replaced it put everything back and pretty sure i plugged it all back in,now the speedo doesnt work and my absand brakes lights are on...what are the possibilities that could of happend??

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Lots of connectors on the transfer case involving speed sensors, any one of which could affect those systems.
:iagree: (because if i didn't agree with roadie I'd be wrong):dielaugh: Sounds like something is disconnected. I believe on my truck ('04 4x4) the abs sensor is actually at the transfer case rather than the rear wheels.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
or maybe before crawling under there again unplg yur batt for 30min see if it resets everything...maybe it just sunnin electrical

thats my :m2: didnt wanna just leave yu haning here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
:iagree:My speed sensor went bad a while back and had the same problem. You probably missed it plugging stuff in. There are two sensors on either side of the top of the tail housing of the T case. Both are speed senosors, one is for the speedo and abs, and the other is so your awd works. I knew mine was bad when i switched them and the service 4wd light came on and the speedo worked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try switching them tommorow and let you guys know if that works...is there any other sensors that would cause the speedo not toworkbesidesthat one? im afraid i may have pinched awire or pulled a wire apart

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So listen, the truck has been sitting in the garage since it broke i have not had time to look at it, well yesterday i took it out for a short drive to run to the store, well it was raining hard and about 2 miles down the road the speedometer kicked on and started working but only above about 25 mph and as soon as i went below 25 i dropped to zero and had a hard time shifting through 1st...i am stumped totally.. sombody shoot me

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did you change the sensor like you said you were going to? It might be a stepper motor in your gauge cluster, except you said you were messing around in the sensor area and you had other lights on. Are they now off?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
when my sensor went bad the trans would search for the right gear because it didnt have a correct speed reference. And yes it did work better after 25mph.

CHANGE YOUR SPEED SENSOR!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts