Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i placed my order, i know for 100% that i selected to have the speed limiter removed, but somehow i think there was a glitch on the order sheet and it didn't register as a yes.

after installing the tuned pcm and the visit to the dealer, i took the freeway for a test run and the limiter cut out at 105.

i emailed kelly before placing the order, inquiring specifically about the speed limiter removal. that's one of the reasons why i ordered it.

i emailed her again to see what my options are. i'm assuming that i would have to send it back, but hopefully they can just make that adjustment without having me having to go to the dealer again.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
I think this has been talked about before - on some vehicles it does not seem possible to remove the limiter. I don't think anyone figured out why.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to drive a 2+ ton vehicle more than an 100 MPH anyhow! :m2::crazy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i, myself would like to know the limit of my vehicle. i would only drive that fast in the most extreme emergency situation.

also, i have had this truck for a little over 4 years without getting a ticket. this truck has tamed my leadfoot. my bro has even commented that my driving has improved.

·
Registered
694 Posts
when i placed my order, i know for 100% that i selected to have the speed limiter removed, but somehow i think there was a glitch on the order sheet and it didn't register as a yes.

after installing the tuned pcm and the visit to the dealer, i took the freeway for a test run and the limiter cut out at 105.

i emailed kelly before placing the order, inquiring specifically about the speed limiter removal. that's one of the reasons why i ordered it.

i emailed her again to see what my options are. i'm assuming that i would have to send it back, but hopefully they can just make that adjustment without having me having to go to the dealer again.
This is a federal law that is hardwired in the the software in the computer. I dont think there is really anything you can do to erase this unless maybe finding a interceptor TB although i have never heard of one being made by GM. You might ask one of the PCM gurus on here knows if a Tahoe PCM will adapt to our trucks, they do make a interceptor in the tahoe. But i must agree, if your not on the strip you really dont need to be driving faster then the speedlimitor allready allows unless you have a either homicidal or suicidal wish! I know that several cop buddys of mine have told me that there CV's top out at 138 and that is not from the speedlimitor but from the revlimitor on the engine so they dont blow the motor.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
As to your question: Once you go to the dealer for the CASE relearn, you should not have to go back unless you change the crankshaft angle sensor.IIRC

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
105 seems kinda low...i dont have a tune yet and everything on my motor is stock and im pretty sure iv gone about 110 :x untill i realized how stupid this was remembering i was in a stock high (before the drop) suv...my gas gauge seemed to agree :duh: and my tach was at about 4500

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bet most of the people who ordered the pcm, selected to have the speed limiter removed and use their TB's as daily drivers...because they can and why not. why not unleash the beast?

besides, kelly said that they can remove the limiter, so it sounds like it's not hard wired into the software.

thank you wooluf for addressing part of my post.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
This is a federal law that is hardwired in the the software in the computer. I dont think there is really anything you can do to erase this unless maybe finding a interceptor TB although i have never heard of one being made by GM. You might ask one of the PCM gurus on here knows if a Tahoe PCM will adapt to our trucks, they do make a interceptor in the tahoe. But i must agree, if your not on the strip you really dont need to be driving faster then the speedlimitor allready allows unless you have a either homicidal or suicidal wish! I know that several cop buddys of mine have told me that there CV's top out at 138 and that is not from the speedlimitor but from the revlimitor on the engine so they dont blow the motor.
Really now? I beg to differ, I can pull the speed limiter off our P10, P12, or E67/T42 PCM/ECM/TCMs in less than 10 mins with about 30 mouse clicks. I have personally run my TB faster than the limiter multiple times after tuning it with EFILive but I will not say how fast. Lets just say its fast enough and I will never go that fast again in my 02. Maybe in my SS but I feel more confident in my SS brakes. Also I have my 02 shifting into 4/OD under WOT at 115mph so if you want to figure out how fast I could theoretically go with 3.73 gears and a 4L60E trans go for it but I was around 5000rpms in OD when I began to slow down.

My TB also shifts at 6300rpms for 1-2 and 2-3 now, rev limiter is raised to 6500rpms. This is only on my personal truck, I want to do more testing with it.

i bet most of the people who ordered the pcm, selected to have the speed limiter removed and use their TB's as daily drivers...because they can and why not. why not unleash the beast?

besides, kelly said that they can remove the limiter, so it sounds like it's not hard wired into the software.

thank you wooluf for addressing part of my post.
They should be able to, both EFILive and HPTuner can do it. But remember, you have an 04 and some TBs have a weird ABS thing that even with the PCM reprogrammed will not let them go over the ABS speed limiter. I think even Blazernut's 03 has this problem.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
Dont think it really matters why he wants it removed, he asked a question.

No need to bash the guy. Id almost bet money that some of you bashing him have done 105+ on a highway before (and possibly a surface street).

I have mine removed, and I know its removed. Hell, I towed my quads at 100 mph on the highway cruising.....

Ive only gone to 110 in this thing so far, and it was a short stint on i-15 while I was in a pack with about 4 other cars. Runs just fine :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got word from kelly this morning that they will take care of it. i will be sending it back to them on monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts