Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the Spectre brand high flow air-filter today for my Ascender.. Its only about $27 and it states it's washable and reusable, increases horsepower, fuel economy and all that fun stuff like the K&N filter boasts... I'm not a huge fan of paying $60+ for the K&N drop in filter, but I'd be willing to buy this spectre if it's indeed comparable to the K&N.
It's available by mail order through JEGS..
http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/889345/10002/-1

Anybody have any input in this? I don't think I'll be going towards a CAI for my vehicle. I might try to homemade mod the tubing between the airbox and get rid of the resonator... I'd just need to figure out how to get the correct holes in the tubing for the vac lines and the MAF sensor hookup... Kinda concerned about that. Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I have seen them advertised on some of the car shows and they say it is a good product, but I have not used it. Personaly I went away from the oiled filters and went with the Amsoil EAA204 filter which was $55 shipped and really like it over the K&N. If you want and yours takes the E-1009 K&N filter I have one with about 100 miles on it you can have for shipping. Just send me a pm.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Just to let you know I pmed you its on its way as of this morning. You should have it by wed/thu. thru priority usps.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
229 Posts
Sorry to bring back an older post, but does anyone have any info on these filters? I ordered a direct fit Spectre filter for less than half the price of the K&N, and I was hoping for some reassurance that I made a good decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.