Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone....

i have a few questions about the speakers for the trailblazer. i have a 2002 chevy trailblazer ltz with premium bose sound. a few questions were on my mind:

how many bose speakers are there?
what sizes are these speakers?
some say they are all 6.5" and some say they are differents sizes like 5.25, 6.75, 6.34
would it be hard to change out these speakers?
what are the mounting depths of the speakers?
what speakers do you guys prefer?
i was looking at some cheap but good phoenix gold speakers or some alpines

i have tried to research all my questions but found various answers for all of them. i am a newb when it comes to audio stuff.

btw, i also installed:
Kenwood DDX 712
Kicker cvx12 subwoofer (have to change it soon because the amp is too strong)
alpine pdx 1.100
4.2 farad cap
wireless headphones
2 SAVV headrest monitors

any kind of help from anyone is greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
If you have the bose your front doors are 6.5" rear door 5.25" and I believe the tweeters were 3.25" in the dash. Mounting depth is 3.5". Changing the speakers isnt hard. If you are using an amp, you have 2 options, you can either rewire to each speaker or just run speaker wire from the amp behind the rear driverside panel. I havent use the PG speakers, have had a few set of subs, not too bad, but the alpines would be nice. I would say good choices are alpine, JL, fosgate, and kicker to start the list.

One thing though if you decide to rewire, the doors have molex plugs, they are kind of a p.i.t.a., but nothing terribly bad.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask:)

Edit: One other thing, dont shy away from the component set ups because of the 3.25" tweeters in the dash, a lot of us usually mod the plate they come on to fit, or just build a new peice to fit in. I personally popped the factory tweeter in and used the existing plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx everyone for your quick responses....

i was planning on just buying the right speakers and have someone install it... but if it is easy enough, i might as well save some money and do it myself but have NO CLUE how to do it because i am a newb lol.

as for when i get new speakers....
i am planning to get components for the fronts and 2ways for the back.... since i have my alpine pdx 1.1000 amp (which puts out 1000 rms), i was thinking on putting a distribution block and wire the speakers to that amp, forget the bose amp... i dont know if that will rob any power going to the sub.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
since i have my alpine pdx 1.1000 amp (which puts out 1000 rms), i was thinking on putting a distribution block and wire the speakers to that amp
unfortunately, that cant be done

PDX-1.1000
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 200Hz (20Hz/-3dB)

(another) aftermarket amp, bose amp, or head unit are the only options

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.