Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I noticed just the other day that the rear speakers on my wife's '03 Trailblazer ext. LT weren't working. We had a 30 minute drive home about three nights ago and let our kids listen to one of their cds. Put the music on the back speakers. No problems. Noticed the next day when I started the vehicle that they were not working. Front speakers work just fine. Later that day checked the rear speakers and they were working. checked last night and they are not working. When they work they sound just fine (no noise or rattles). I would like to fix this pretty quick since my wife doesn't know yet. Just had to fix some ac problems recently.

I don't know if this is related but two lights on the steering wheel don't work and the recirculation button on the electronic hvac controls sometimes is not lit up (but most of the times is).

Thanks,

CLeib

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

It is off. I can tell when it's on because little headphones are displayed on the upper right side of the radio display.

CLeib

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear speakers still not working. I noticed a few days ago that the rear drivers side speaker was working but not the other side. It didn't seem quite as loud but maybe thats because it was the only one working. The rear speaker haven't worked for around a week now. I still think the speakers are O.K. but don't know for sure or what to start checking first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CLeib

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
365 Posts
Sounds like an intermittent short at either the head unit or the Bose Amp (if equipped)

Try rattling the connectors at these components with the radio on and see if the speakers start to work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not worked on it lately. Been building a deck the last few weeks. I am going to try and look at it this weekend. I'll post a thread if I get lucky enough to solve the problem. I have not heard my rear speakers work now for a while. A few weeks ago the drivers side rear worked at one time, but did not work again either later that day or the next day.

Hopefully its something easy (and cheap) to fix.

CLeib

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
Drivers side rear speaker isn't working, never noticed till I sat back there the other day, somehow my son got chocolate milk on the headliner. I'm like, what the heck is that on the roof, as I'm checking it out, I'm like, why the heck is there no sound from this speaker. :duh: Is that what they call a double whammy?:bonk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts