Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Trailblazer EXT. My problem is with my speakers.

The rears don't work at all and the front right works for sound but it is a low volume metallic sound not real sound.

The left comes on intermittently but sounds the same as the right. The radio is the stock Delco radio that came with the car.

Any suggestions? Is the problem the radio of the speakers?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
It seems odd that it's affecting all speakers, so it is probably a radio issue. It could also be a damaged harness. It's a long shot, but I guess it could be speakers, as well.

If you have a good speaker lying around (even a home audio one will work) then I would suggest plugging it in to see what happens. If it works, then you know it's the speakers. If it doesn't work, then we've eliminated that as the issue. I'd then say it's time for a new head unit. To test the harness, you'd either have to cut it, or use an ohm meter to check continuity.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
33 Posts
Rear speakers died

On my 03 Tb LT, the rear speakers just died.I thought it was the radio unit or a bad connection. Nope all was well in the dash,removed the rear door speaker,it was dead. I hooked up another speaker I had hanging around and it worked in the door.Went to an auto stereo shop bought 2 takeout GM speakers,soldered the wires and all is well.The inner door panels have 2 screws in the handle and then pull the panel off. 1/2 hour job.

hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.