Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I’m about to change plugs in my 2004 Trailblazer LT 2.4. I’ve had good luck with NGK in other vehicles and for performance been recommended Iridium IV. Any recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
97 Posts
Being mine is just a back up vehicle and mostly for the 4x4 in winter and towing in spring summer. I just put regular autolite plugs in years back. Still running great on them.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
874 Posts
Steve 33, what was your question to NGK?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
220 Posts
Hey chem man. My question was if I’d have a problem using NGK due to a few others that mentioned Trailblazers are pickey with plugs and like AC Delco.
Ive had the ngk iridiums in mine since I bought it almost 8 years ago. No issues

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
874 Posts
Thanks Steve.

I am one of those who is aware of a couple of cases (reported on this forum and on a Silverado forum) where somebody used NGK branded spark plugs in place of the NGK manufactured spark plug labeled as an ACDelco 41-103 and had some misfire problems. I realize that the ACDelco plug is the exact same plug as the NGK whatever it's number is except for the label embossed into it. I know it does not make any sense, but when they changed out the NGK manufactured NGK labeled plugs for the NGK manufactured ACDelco labeled plugs, their misfire problem went away. It's almost like the spark plug wells have x-ray vision to look through the ignition coil boots!

I am one who is all for using aftermarket parts that actually meet or exceed OEM parts, and I use which ever is lightest on my wallet. But, I'll only use ACDelco spark plugs in my TrailBlazer and my Silverado because of the problems I have read. Also, I refuse to knowingly use Champion or Autolite plugs in a GM product because in my experience (going back 40+ years) whenever I tried using Champion or Autolite plugs in a GM, they either did not thread well into the engine block, or if they did thread in OK, the car ran worse with them than on the old ACDelco plugs.

Good luck and thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Hey all I’m about to change plugs in my 2004 Trailblazer LT 2.4. I’ve had good luck with NGK in other vehicles and for performance been recommended Iridium IV. Any recommendations? Thanks!
I've had e3 plugs in my 2006 LS for a while now with no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts