Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Envoy owners,
I have a 2006 Envoy Denali with the Vortec 5.3L and I took one of the spark plugs out to see how much carbon buildup I had in the combustion chamber before I used seaform spray. I know the spark plugs are rated for 100k miles but it has been 11 years but only 89780 miles and I don't know if I should change them all based on what I found. Please look at the picture and tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
It looks good to me also. I see no serious burning or glazing and the ash looks good. Definitely hot enough. On the other hand, spark plugs aren't that expensive and you will need to change them eventually. Changing them now should take you to 189,000 miles.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
80 Posts
Well, they look pretty good to me. Not sure I would spend the money or time messing with them at this time. Vacuum the carpet, wipe down the dash, have a cold brewski and call it a day. LOL. Best

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. I will be leaving them alone for now,maybe go back in if i'm bored in the spring. Now I have to figure out what this dang vibration is.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I have read in the forum the slip yoke needs to be greased. There is a vibration in the pedal at low speed and around 70 mph, but not at 72 mph or 69. Weird. After the slip yoke I will check the motor mounts but I have too few miles for that to be it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
I just got my TB a week ago w/200K miles. I just pulled the spark plugs today, here's what they looked like:

You think I need to change them? :crackup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts